Articles on this Page
- 11/05/12--05:25: _Today’s lecture: “M...
- 11/06/12--00:00: _Here is to a book t...
- 02/26/13--04:40: _Defensive Publicati...
- 04/04/13--07:52: _Petition: Hollyweb,...
- 07/16/13--01:24: _Qt Project and Defe...
- 07/18/13--04:11: _KDE e.V. General As...
- 01/21/14--12:44: _Defensive Publicati...
- 02/19/14--01:15: _Open Forum Academy ...
- 09/10/14--08:05: _KDE Akademy 2014 – ...
- 12/10/15--14:05: _Hyundai Kia Motors ...
- 11/05/12--05:25: Today’s lecture: “Markets, Firms and Peer Production”
- 02/26/13--04:40: Defensive Publications at Embedded World 2013
- 07/16/13--01:24: Qt Project and Defensive Publications
- 07/18/13--04:11: KDE e.V. General Assembly 2013
- 01/21/14--12:44: Defensive Publications: Shedding Light on Innovation
- 02/19/14--01:15: Open Forum Academy round table on patent non-aggression pacts
- 09/10/14--08:05: KDE Akademy 2014 – Welcome, new KDE board!
Today’s session is one of my favorites of the Open Source and Intellectual Property in the Digital Society course I am teaching at TU Berlin. From the summary: “Markets, Firms and Peer Production:Markets and privately or publicly owned firms are the … Continue reading
This week, the Open Oil project performed a marvelous stunt – the Oil Contracts Booksprint. Johnny West, Zara Rahman and their supporters gathered oil contract experts from across the globe at Schloss Neuhausen to achieve something that has never done before – … Continue reading
cover-frontmirkoboehmcover-frontopen oil booksprint
Embedded World has started today in Nürnberg, Germany. I am here with Open Invention Network to spread the idea of defensive publications and OIN’s non-aggression community of companies in the Open Source sphere. Highly innovative companies present here, and many … Continue reading
[Ursprünglich auf netzpolitik.org] Der fast fertige HTML5-Standard für Webseiten soll technische Möglichkeiten zur Inhalte-Kontrolle erhalten. Mit dem gefährlichen “Digital Rights Management” (DRM) ist aber schon die Musikindustrie gescheitert. Netzpolitische Organisationen rufen dazu auf, eine Petition dagegen zu unterzeichnen – macht … Continue reading
Open Source communities are amazingly innovative. Linux Defenders encourages them to document their ideas in the form of defensive publications, so that this body of knowledge becomes relevant prior art for later patent applications and patent invalidations. The Qt community is especially … Continue reading
mirkoboehmAkademy 2013 and Qt Contributor Summit poster
tl;dr: If you are a committed KDE contributor and not a KDE e.V. member, you are doing it wrong. If you are a KDE user, consider helping the KDE User Working Group. Read KDE e.V.’s quarterly reports. Akademy 2013 is still … Continue reading
mirkoboehmVoting at the KDE e.V. general assembly
The patent system is broken. The point of patents is to encourage innovation and inventiveness. Instead of promoting innovation, patent offices have awarded overly broad, vague, and unoriginal patents that draw unclear lines allowing bad actors to profit and threaten … Continue reading
Another day, another trip to Brussels. Today the Openforum Academy, the Openforum Europe think tank “with a broad aim to examine the paradigm shift towards openness in computing” is inviting to a round table and discussion about “Patent non-aggression pacts: … Continue reading
Akademy 2014 is still in full swing in Brno in the Czech Republic with the traditional hack week that started on Monday. At about 200 participants it was well attended and organized. This years conference will very likely mark a … Continue reading
mirkoboehmAkademy 2014A photo from the keynote by Sascha Meinrath
Today Hyundai Motor Company and Kia Motors Corporation are joining the Open Invention Network as community members. Linux and Open Source software are becoming a mainstay in automotive computing. With the first global automotive companies joining OIN, a trend has been … Continue reading